[theme-reviewers] Regarding wide image overflow

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sun Mar 6 02:08:59 UTC 2011

In general, *content* needs to be contained within the *content area*. That
means that, however you choose to accomplish it, over-sized images need to
remain within the content area - unless your Theme is intentionally designed
to incorporate images overflowing into the sidebar area, i.e. as an integral
part of the Theme design.

Our usual recommendation is to combine max-width: <content-width> with
height:auto, which will allow the image to resize/scale itself in a way that
neither cuts off part of the image nor distorts the height-width
proportionality of the image.

Chip