[theme-reviewers] usage of single quotes and double quotes in PHP

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Mar 3 15:33:19 UTC 2011

I agree.

As far as the Theme Review Team is concerned, the use of quotes versus
double quotes needs to be consistent - and not even necessarily consistent
throughout the file, but internally consistent within each string, so that
no errors are generated.

Thus far, the Theme Review Team has shied away from "best practice"
considerations strictly related to coding conventions. Maybe if we get to
the point where the vast majority (I'd say, 90% or better) of submitted
Themes pass the current Review Guidelines on first pass, then and only then
would I be in favor of looking at things like the WP coding standard for PHP
and CSS.

Chip