[theme-reviewers] A RE-EXAMINATION OF THEME REQUIREMENTS - AN ESSAY

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Jun 28 12:41:33 UTC 2011

Unfortunately, a tool such as Theme Check will *never* be able to provide
100% assurance that a Theme will pass. It *does*, however, cut down by about
half (or better) the things that need to be checked manually.

I think part of the multiple-submission frustration is the lack of thorough
and complete reviews, which is something we're addressing within the Review
team. While it helps to reduce the review queue to give a partial review and
then close a ticket, it makes things more frustrating for a developer who
has to take multiple iterations through the process. So, we're trying to
ensure that every ticket gets a thorough, complete review, so that
developers can get all the information and issues regarding their Theme in a
single review, rather than spread across multiple reviews.

Note, though, that the WordPress release cycle is anywhere from three to six
months. So, if that much time elapses between Theme submissions, do expect
that some things will have changed.

Chip

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 11:24 PM, Angelo Bertolli <angelo.bertolli at gmail.com