[theme-reviewers] Theme Check - ever changing policies

Bruce Wampler brucewampler at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 16:59:32 UTC 2011

The last time I used Theme Check, WARNINGS did not ban a theme from
submission. Apparently it does now.

The Theme Check plugin itself should be more clear about this. I think
it should have a
"Your theme will FAIL submission" message, which I don't see now.

Last time I submitted my theme, which wasn't all that long ago, the
WARNING for fopen did not automatically ban the theme, but now it does.
It would be much more helpful if the Theme Check plugin matched the
theme submit Theme Check as far as issuing a FAIL notice.

What makes a theme fail submission seems to change fairly rapidly - it
would be nice if there were an easy to find, concise list of the new
things that make a theme fail. Embedding new criteria within the current
documents is necessary, but doesn't help much for people with existing,
accepted themes. I'm really not going to re-read the full set of
requirements each time, and then maybe notice a new one.

And there may be a change list somewhere, but I can't find it. Maybe
Theme Check could include a link to the latest set of changes, or even
better, a link to the specific requirement (I know - that's really too
hard because the links would be hard to keep constant - but it would be
nice.)

Bruce Wampler

--
Bruce Wampler, Ph.D.

Software developer
Creator of first spelling checker for a PC
Creator of Grammatik(tm), first true grammar checker
e-mail: bw at brucewampler.com
blog: brucewampler.wordpress.com