[theme-reviewers] fopen - write vs. read

Bruce Wampler brucewampler at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 16:50:54 UTC 2011

OK, I get it - back to the drawing board - again.

But, before I do a whole bunch of work, a simple question:

All the discussion has been about WRITING files.  I don't see that the
logic applies to reading files. Is using fopen to READ files banned
also, and if not, does Theme Check know the difference?

Since this needs to be done, and I find the interface to WP_Filesystem
not nearly as intuitive as plain old fopen, I will attempt to write a
wrapper for that that will make the whole process as simple as
fopen/fwrite and perhaps make this all easier for other theme writers.

Bruce Wampler
--

Bruce Wampler, Ph.D.

Software developer
Creator of first spelling checker for a PC
Creator of Grammatik(tm), first true grammar checker
e-mail: bw at brucewampler.com
blog: brucewampler.wordpress.com