[theme-reviewers] $post->guid Issues in Some Repository Themes

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 21:51:15 UTC 2011

OK, thanks for the info @Mike and @Otto ... I can accept it as a "doing it
wrong" item, but the question for the Team now becomes how do we wade
through all of the themes the search criteria finds aside from installing
and "Theme Check"-ing them after the new test is implemented?

I'm not seeing this as a security issue (requiring immediate action), just
simply "doing-it-wrong" scenarios where something might break. The use of
$post-guid appears to be spread out amongst many different authors, too.
Although this is being considered a "doing it wrong" item, can we
grand-father the existing live themes in the repository and clamp down on
new themes and submissions? I noticed some rather "popular" themes in the
search results that I would rather not suspend as our first choice of
action.

The Theme authors may not be using 'guid' *correctly*, but their themes
appear to be functioning correctly all the same.

Cais.