[theme-reviewers] Theme quality review process

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Jun 8 18:56:59 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Darren Slatten <darrenslatten at gmail.com> wrote:
> I could be wrong, but I got the feeling that part of the question was along
> the lines of:
>
> If PHP notices are not permitted, then why do some already-accepted themes
> generate PHP notices?

Obviously, no theme review process involving human judgment is going
to be perfect.

In the end, you're just going to have to say "just because theme X has
the problem doesn't make it not actually a problem".

Anyway, that sort of question is kinda petty when you get right down
to it. Theme review is an ongoing process, and the guidelines will
change as needed. For now, I agree with the no-PHP-notices rule, as it
shows an attention to detail. I myself don't always check my plugins
to not produce notices, but it's something I know that I should do.