[theme-reviewers] Broken Theme Uploads (soon to be broken again)

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Jun 8 18:49:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Merci Javier <mercijavier at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. So when I see such svn:eol-style warnings, is there a link I can point
> theme authors to so they can resolve the issue or shall I just quote the
> following block from your post?
> e.g.
> To correct the problem in these files, various text editing programs have
> options to pick a line ending style in their Save functionality. In TextPad,
> for example, you just go to Save As, then choose the "File format" as either
> PC or UNIX. It doesn't matter which you choose, as long as the file itself
> is consistent. Notepad++ has a similar feature. On Linux or other unix-based
> systems, you can install the dos2unix command line program and it will
> correct these types of files as well.

You can quote them that, sure.

Unfortunately, how you fix it is going to be heavily related to what
editor you use. Most editors smarter than Notepad will have a way to
do this sort of thing, it's just a matter of looking through the help.

I tried to make the message as useful as possible by telling them
which specific files have the problem in them.