[theme-reviewers] Theme quality review process

Darren Slatten darrenslatten at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 18:49:50 UTC 2011

I could be wrong, but I got the feeling that part of the question was along
the lines of:

*If PHP notices are not permitted, then why do some already-accepted themes
generate PHP notices?*

One possibility is that a particular theme might offer a wide range of
different options/configurations--and only some combinations generate PHP
notices. This brings up a good question, which is:

*To what extent do/should theme reviewers check for PHP notices (or other
errors) that only occur when certain theme options are enabled?*

This issue extends to W3C validation as well, since most theme options
change the HTML output in one way or another. For themes that have a large
(possibly infinite) set of configurations, how would someone really know if
the theme is capable of producing errors?

-Darren