[theme-reviewers] Theme quality review process

Azizur Rahman prodevstudio+wordpress at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 17:39:30 UTC 2011

I know a lot of people spend their free time reviewing themes and I am new
here so be gentle with me.

I joined the Theme review list because I am tired of seeing themes having
issue that theme developer really should be able to address before it goes
out.

I am just trying to understand what the process of OK-ing a theme for
publishing on wordpress.org.

One of the issue that annoys me most is the php error notices.

Take a look this in ari theme (http://themes.svn.wordpress.org/ari/1.0.7).

On the single post page I am seeing php error notice.

*************************
Notice: Undefined variable: commenter in
/var/www/wordpress/wp-content/themes/ari/functions.php on line 152

Notice: Undefined variable: req in
/var/www/wordpress/wp-content/themes/ari/functions.php on line 154

Notice: Undefined variable: commenter in
/var/www/wordpress/wp-content/themes/ari/functions.php on line 155

Notice: Undefined variable: aria_req in
/var/www/wordpress/wp-content/themes/ari/functions.php on line 155

Notice: Undefined variable: req in
/var/www/wordpress/wp-content/themes/ari/functions.php on line 157

Notice: Undefined variable: commenter in
/var/www/wordpress/wp-content/themes/ari/functions.php on line 158

Notice: Undefined variable: aria_req in
/var/www/wordpress/wp-content/themes/ari/functions.php on line 158

Question is should this kind of php notices be OK-ed?

Kind Regards,
Azizur Rahman