[theme-reviewers] What about themes for webdev?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Jun 8 14:58:12 UTC 2011

"For example, in Basics I display the pseudo and the email adress of the
admin ID 1 in the footer for contact purposes. I know that it's a potential
issue for people in general, but not for developpers."

This is the key distinction. The WordPress.org Theme Repository, much moreso
than the Plugin Repository, is intended for *end-user consumption* rather
than for collaboration, forking, etc. Thus, Themes submitted to the
Repository must be ready for use by end-users, and, in general, must be
targeted for a general audience.

If you're looking for a more collaborative environment, GitHub is a great
option (it's the one I use, for that very purpose, for my Theme; only
ready-for-release versions get tagged and uploaded to the WPORG Repository).

Chip