[theme-reviewers] wp_enqueue_style

Vicky Arulsingam vicky.arulsingam at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 10:48:15 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 6:44 PM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:

> I see a few issues:
>
> 1) Styles should be enqueued and *hooked* in; front-end styles should be
> hooked into 'wp_print_styles'.

I've seen a number of themes that use wp_enqueue_style() / wp_enqueue_script
within the header.php.  I'll be sure to distinguish between wp_print_style
and wp_enqueue_style in future reviews.

> 2) 'MyStyle' is too generic of a name. This is another instance where
> something should be theme-slug prefixed.
>
> 3) Is the URL an external resource? I can't readily imagine a viable reason
> that a CSS file can't/shouldn't be bundled with the Theme.

The URL is indeed an external resource  for Google Fonts. The theme author
had hard-coded the link so I recommended using  wp_enqueue_style hooked into
wp_head().

 -----
Vicky Arulsingam