[theme-reviewers] Obsolete Themes Discussion

Vicky Arulsingam vicky.arulsingam at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 17:21:06 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:04 AM, Merci Javier <mercijavier at gmail.com>wrote:

> - When this is green-lighted, I believe there should be an announcement
> about the suspensions or required theme updates published two weeks to a
> month before the fact and at an avenue where it would be seen by all e.g.
> wordpress.org/news/ or at Weblog Tools Collection, etc, This can serve as
> a friendly reminder to theme authors to upgrade themes or to "offer the
> theme up for adoption", etc.

+1 on this. There should be fair warning otherwise there's going to be an
avalanche of complaints.

Btw, can theme reviewers post such upgrade reminders in closed tickets just
> to get the message to the authors?

I don't see why not. As I understand it, the theme author continues to
receive emails on comments on a ticket even if it is closed.

In addition to this, should reviewers perform a theme check on obsolete
themes  just so it's clear what the issues are?

Vicky Arulsingam