[theme-reviewers] Obsolete Themes Discussion

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Jul 26 00:35:58 UTC 2011

And I'm in exactly the opposite camp (though I agree with Cais' suggested
implementation): obsolete Themes cause all manner of problems for end users.
(If you don't believe me, try spending an hour a day in the WPORG "Themes
and Templates" and "Troubleshooting" forums.)

Older Themes have much to offer, especially the well thought-out and
well-designed ones. But that doesn't mean that end users should be made to
suffer because those Themes have obsolete functionality and code.

If we can make the "OoD Themes" repository idea work, then I'm all for it!

Chip