[theme-reviewers] Prefixing Functions (for libraries)

Claude Needham gxxaxx at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 14:41:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 6:19 AM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> The only valid exception (or, more properly: corollary) to the rule that I
> know of would be function declarations inside of classes - in which case,
> the Class itself must be properly prefixed.
> Chip

As a side note, I would suggest that not using a namespace prefix
could be considered a symptom (or indicator) of a relatively
inexperienced theme developer. And, that it might do to give such a
theme a bit of extra review.

Some things only come with experience. If a developer is not following
best practices in one area, then it is quite possible they are not
following best practices in another.

This is not a shameful thing. It just shows where a little more
education and/or experience are needed.

I say this as someone that is still very much in the process of
discovering the best practices for wordpress themes.

Regards,
Claude Needham