[theme-reviewers] Thesis WP Theme

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Jul 23 23:08:53 UTC 2011

Navigation isn't "functionality"; it is UX. Baking breadcrumb navigation
into a Theme falls on the correct side of the Theme-Plugin differentiation,
AFAIK.

If you want to build in support for breadcrumb plugins, you could use
function_exists() conditionals. e.g.

if ( function_exists( 'yoast_breadcrumbs' ) {
    yoast_breadcrumbs();
} else {
     mytheme_breadcrumbs();
}

That way, if the user enables Yoast Breadcrumbs, the Theme uses that;
otherwise, it falls back to your own breadcrumb navigation.

Chip