[theme-reviewers] Theme Unit Test Data: Gallery Columns

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Jul 16 20:41:40 UTC 2011

I definitely think that there is a place for galleries with more than 4
columns. For galleries of more than a couple dozen photos, the horizontal
space required for the gallery becomes excessive, unless the number of
columns is increased (even at the expense of creating smaller thumbnails).

I had actually forgotten about that dropdown in the Media/Gallery modal
window. That is actually a rather compelling argument for Twenty Eleven, at
the very least, to support up to 9 columns.

The problem I see with allowing Themes to specify the number of columns
supported, in a way that impacts that dropdown, is that it would cause
unexpected behavior for pre-existing galleries that might have specified
more columns than the number for which the Theme indicates support.

Chip