[theme-reviewers] Question about ob_start and ob_get_clean (Vicky Arulsingam)

Darren Slatten darrenslatten at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 07:32:46 UTC 2011

An extra HTTP request obviously doesn't come free, so...yes, a 308-byte
script really does slow down your page loads.

I'm not sure what you're basing your "caches everywhere" statement on, but I
know that l10n.js is packaged with WP and served from each site's respective
directory (as opposed to being served from a public resource like
Google-hosted jQuery). Therefore, whether or not it is cached depends on
each server configuration--most of which follow the default behavior, which
is to NOT cache the file.