[theme-reviewers] Child themes discussion

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Jan 22 17:12:07 UTC 2011

*Any* stand-alone Theme can act as a Parent Theme.

I hesitate to force Theme developers to facilitate/accommodate
pluggable/hookable Child Theming. If they choose to do so, that's another
matter, but we should not be *forcing* Theme developers to make all of their
custom Theme functions pluggable ( ! function_exists() wrappers) or
hookable.

Perhaps a better implementation here would be to find a
positive-reinforcement means to encourage child-ready Themes?

Chip