[theme-reviewers] Child themes discussion

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Sat Jan 22 16:53:33 UTC 2011

> 1) Child themes names (should/must) be the theme name of the parent -
> child
> theme name example: suffusion-taskmaster easel-wildcard
> twentyten-onehundredkillers

I'd be reluctant on that one. We will be displaying that a theme is a
child of another in some other way (I'm thinking of adding a blue
button to link to the parent) , so having a naming convention, though
attractive, is an unnecessary restriction. I'd be happier allowing any
name.

- yeah, general concensus is this is a recommendation only if at all my
original concern was the 'using up' of names on the repository and the
easily recognizable theme structure in the wp-content/themes/ directory for
the end user