[theme-reviewers] Theme Ticket Request

michael at mfields.org michael at mfields.org
Sun Jan 9 03:20:15 UTC 2011

> But that's what I don't get: if I chat *inherently* gets special markup (a
> table, or a special CSS class), why does it need a dedicated Post Format
> type (since the special markup still needs to be applied)?

My solution was to apply it as an early filter to the the_content hook. I
user would paste the transcript directly from "wherever" unformatted and
the filter function would create the markup in the theme. The post_content
data would never be altered, just formatted differently when displayed in
the theme. The tricky part is being able to filter all types of chat
transcripts... Would need to do a lot of testing though :)