[theme-reviewers] Would this be an issue?

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Mon Jan 3 15:47:09 UTC 2011

Gentlemen (and ladies, if present),

I'm in the last stages of completing work on a new theme that I'd like
to submit to the Themes Directory. However, the theme is designed to
work with the eShop plugin:

<http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/eshop/>

That said, the theme will still be perfectly functional if/when the
plugin is not installed or is inactive. Obviously some features (such as
a Featured Products slider for the front page) will not be available and
there will be warnings displayed in the Admin area. I also think I've
managed to get the theme to degrade gracefully so that it will not
present any problems for non-shop site owners.

Since the plugin is hosted on wordpress.org, it seems logical to also
try to get the theme hosted there too. We're also a little concerned
about the lack of effective support for the (commercial) eStore theme -
the only theme currently available for eShop users. The new theme
(Emporium) is intended to try and address some of these problems as well
as provide a free, supported (and actively maintained) alternative.

Do you foresee any problems with submitting the theme?

Mel
--
http://quirm.net
http://blackwidows.co.uk