[theme-reviewers] Review Ticket 2274

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 20:55:40 UTC 2011

I understand your point of reference, but if a real "hacker" wants to attack
WordPress I would find it very hard to believe they would need to worry
about finding a specific version to define their attack vector. I have faith
in the WordPress developers, and the community at large, to point out any
potential risks and fix them immediately as has been seen in the recent
3.0.x releases.

Given the above, you may suggest the Theme author make the display of the
version number optional (as your own personal recommendation), but having it
display is not an item that would currently stop a theme from being
"approved" to be included in the repository.

Cais.