[theme-reviewers] Minified CSS

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Feb 18 17:56:46 UTC 2011

I'm not inherently opposed to having such coding standards for
repository-hosted Themes (and will very likely make an effort to ensure that
my own Theme conforms to those standards). I just don't think it's a battle
we should choose to fight anytime soon. Given the initial reaction to the
beefed-up Theme Review Guidelines as they exist now, can you imagine the
reaction if/when we throw the switch on requiring the WP CSS Code Standard?

If/when we go that route, we are going to need to provide a LONG lead-time
for implementation/enforcement.

And quite honestly: I think the reviewers' time is probably best-spent - at
least for the foreseeable future - on things other than ensuring that class
names have hyphens instead of underscores, and that CSS attributes are
alphabetized and properly indented.

Chip