[theme-reviewers] Minified CSS

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Feb 18 16:43:43 UTC 2011

"Un-obscur[ing] JS" and "decompil[ing] a binary file" have nothing to do
with applying or removing whitespace from CSS markup.

Removing whitespace from a CSS file has absolutely nothing to do with
obfuscating PHP. I find the mere suggestion to be a disingenuous straw man.
Code obfuscation *actually changes the content* of the code. Removing
whitespace does no such thing.

Removing whitespace does not require decompiling, unencoding,
reverse-engineering, or any other content-altering method in order to undo.

I would assert that your interpretation of "preferred form of the work for
making modifications" strains both the wording and the intent of the
license. Otherwise, If I don't like the way that you indent, camelcase, or
inline-document, etc. your code, by your interpretation of "preferred form
of the work for making modifications", I could, under the auspices of the
license, compel you to provide me code that meets my "preferences".

Chip