[theme-reviewers] Question about a theme I'm submitting

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Feb 14 03:56:06 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> It should be in Trac somewhere; that sort of error shouldn't actually be
> blocking upload *at this time*.

Actually, the original CSS check (not the one in the theme-check
check) will indeed block uploads because of that.

> Suggestion: add "dummy" class declarations for all required CSS classes, and
> add inline documentation indicating the path/file in which the classes are
> actually defined. That way, the Theme won't cause an error to be thrown, and
> the reviewer will know where to look for the class definitions.

My suggestion would be to reorganize the theme so as to minimize the
CSS files you use down to one and one only, if possible. Every time
you have CSS using import for another CSS file, then you cause the
browser to make another costly HTTP request. For optimization and
speed reasons, you should only use one CSS file per media-type, if
possible.