[theme-reviewers] $_SERVER data

Rankin, Matthew W. (Student) mrankin at my.ccsu.edu
Sat Dec 24 15:36:32 UTC 2011

Directly the code isn't a security issue, but I've heard that there are bots out there that check the comments.php file for this code. If the bot finds this code it then begins to try other attacks. So, while not directly a security issue it does attract spam and other ( possibly more damaging ) attacks.

Also, the code you posted really isn't needed. So, with the code not being needed, and it possibly opening a site to other attacks, I'd say that it should not be included in themes.