[theme-reviewers] Getting The Review Queue Back On Track

Kirk Wight kwight at kwight.ca
Thu Dec 15 13:18:04 UTC 2011

Great ideas and bold action Chip; we all appreciate your awesome work and
dedication!

"So, effective immediately, *the Theme Review Team will no longer emphasize
complete and thorough reviews, and will instead close tickets upon
observation of any non-trivial issues*."

This alone should speed things up. You're right, the onus should be on the
submitter to have followed at least the REQUIRED guidelines before
submitting; as soon as a reviewer catches something non-trivial, it should
go right back to the submitter, and the reviewer can move along to the next
ticket. Reviewers, Chip has a comprehensive procedure for doing a review
here (
http://www.chipbennett.net/2011/04/20/a-guide-to-reviewing-themes-for-the-wordpress-theme-repository/),
and his suggestion of starting with policy checks can catch a lot of
non-compliant themes quickly.