[theme-reviewers] Getting The Review Queue Back On Track

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 07:46:36 UTC 2011

On Thu Dec 15 2011 07:40:13 Tony Crockford wrote:
> On Thu Dec 15 2011 01:52:55 Chip Bennett wrote:
>>
>> As always, this is an evolving experiment; we're still/always trying to improve. Thank you, all, for your continued contributions as Theme developers and reviewers!
>
> I don't suppose the team would consider a restraint on theme submissions?

I suppose I should have read the whole thing first, sorry.

This sounds like a good plan, and less harsh than my suggestion.

 I would like to make a request: before you email the theme-reviewers mail-list asking when your Theme will be reviewed, post a comment to the current Trac Ticket Review Request Queue, and ask to be assigned a ticket of your own to review. This request is not a pay-for-play scheme, and no tickets or developers are given special treatment for participating in Theme reviews; rather, the more people we have reviewing Themes, the faster the review queue will get processed. (And as a bonus: you’ll learn more than you might otherwise imagine about what is required to pass the review process successfully.)