[theme-reviewers] Number of Free WordPress Themes

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Dec 13 12:47:22 UTC 2011

Commercial Themes are not listed in the repository, quite simply because
the developers of those Themes do not submit them, and because if someone
else did, we would not accept such a submission from someone other than the
developer. (Themes submitted to the repository are expected to be the
submitter's own work.)

The commercial Themes listing on WPORG is outside of the area of control of
the Theme Review Team. We really have nothing to do with that listing.

Beyond that, this mail list would not benefit from delving too deeply into
your other questions regarding free versus commercial Themes, or into
matters of GPL compliance/derivative works. Themes submitted for inclusion
in the Theme repository are required to be 100% GPL (or compatible). Any
commentary beyond that requirement is off-topic for this mail list. There
are plenty of other venues for exploring that rabbit hole. :)

Chip