[theme-reviewers] Refactored themes

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 17:42:54 UTC 2011

As a general response, these "clone" themes are not accepted into the
repository. Some may get by our review process, but fortunately most are
caught ... if not immediately then generally within a cycle or two of theme
updates if they are being made.

Themes being submitted to the WordPress.org repository are expected, if
using another theme as a base, to be adding significant design and/or
functionality to the original theme. This is still a very subjective
approach but seems to be sorting out the clones versus those authors
wanting to add "something" to an existing theme.

Cais.