No subject

Wed Aug 17 18:42:36 UTC 2011

"Open Source Fonts

All of the fonts are Open Source. This means that you are free to
share your favorites with friends and colleagues. You can even improve
or customize them and collaborate with the original designer. And you
can use them in every way you want, privately or commercially =96 in
print, on your computer, or in your websites."

The font contribution form also requires a checkbox statement that the
submitter owns all rights, and a choice of SIL/OpenFont License,
Apache, or "other open-source license". No indication of which others
they'll consider, but the prose description on the about page
certainly at least fits with GPL in spirit.

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> I don't know that all of the Google Font API-available fonts are
> GPL-compatible...
>
> Chip
>

> On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Edward Caissie <edward.caissie at gmail.co=
m>
> wrote:
>>
>> Why not include, from your example, the Google Font in the package? Is
>> there a benefit to making an API call versus referencing a locally avail=
able
>> resource?
>>

>> Cais.
>>

>> On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm wondering why it would be a *bad* thing to say that all Themes must
>>> be self-contained, and should not hotlink any resources?
>>>
>>> (I think API references are okay; e.g. Google Fonts - if they're not
>>> there, the CSS will fall back to another font, so the experience might =
be
>>> degraded, but it will degrade mostly gracefully.)
>>>
>>> Chip

yuiloader/yuiloader-min.js',false,'2.8.0r4');