[theme-reviewers] Question about use of core WP functions in theme

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Aug 11 15:40:31 UTC 2011

Then can you just use add_filter( 'the_content',
'mytheme_filter_the_content' ), where

function mytheme_filter_the_content( $content ) {
// Some conditional wrapper to filter only
// in the correct context. For example, you
// could query post custom meta, and determine
// if the current page is a static Page, and whether
// the current page is using your specific
// custom page template.

// Query the post metadata
$pagetemplate = get_post_meta( $post->ID, '_wp_page_template', true );
// Check to see if the current page uses the specific custom page template
if ( 'page-special-template.php' == $pagetemplate ) {
 // Filter the_content here!
}
return $content;
}