[theme-reviewers] Interesting Approach to Chat Post Format

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Fri Aug 5 22:45:48 UTC 2011

on 05/08/2011 17:08 Sayontan Sinha said the following:
> I have been wondering about the Chat post format for a while and somehow it
> seems that the current interpretation of pasting a conversation in the post
> content is too simplistic. I was thinking if a post (that uses the Chat
> format) + all its comments can be thought of as a chat conversation instead.

That's a very interesting idea and certainly one that offers a lot more
scope than a pasted IRC-type chat.

But how would you then go onto handle posts that have hundreds of
comments? Assuming you use the core comment page handling, the reader
would drop into what is effectively the single post as soon as they hit
the first paged comment link, yes?

Mel