[theme-reviewers] WP.org theme preview

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Aug 4 01:14:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Doug Stewart <zamoose at gmail.com> wrote:
> This contradicts a hard-and-fast WPTRT rule: NO MULTIPLE OPTIONS.
>
> Otto, unless there's a different way to handle get_option() for
> serialized arrays and define a default that way, I can't see any way
> of satisfying both requirements simultaneously.

The big-array-of-options method I gave in the email you responded to
actually works just fine for that case.

Or, if you prefer, use the set_theme_mod and get_theme_mod functions.
These combine the theme mods into one option in the database while
still being able to reference them independently. And get_theme_mod
supports a $default argument just like get_option does.