[theme-reviewers] Posts without Titles

Philip Walton philip at philipwalton.com
Wed Apr 20 20:55:47 UTC 2011

A user, in response to a rejected them, posed this question re:
smgrundy's review:

Cannot access single-page views of posts without titles from the index.
-> That's good, consistent and how I want it throughout the site. Is
this mandatory?

I've wondered the same things as well. It's always seemed a little odd
to me to have the post date link to the post itself. Personally I think
the date should link to a date page. I know there are other ways to
create a title-less permalink, but this is the most common.

Still, what is the rationale behind requiring posts with no titles to
have a permalink to them?