[theme-reviewers] @Emil - can you look at this

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Apr 20 08:10:32 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 2:56 AM, Shawn Grundy <smgrundy at live.com> wrote:
> Emil,
> Before going any further on
> ticket http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3513 when i install the
> theme, I immediately get a message stating that there is a new version
> available. The link takes me to the authors site where, sure enough, there
> is. Do I even bother with continuing on this one?

First thing you should do on any review is check to see if the user
has already uploaded a newer version. We have a link in the ticket to
let you easily do that.

If he has, then the procedure is to mark the old version as
"closed-newer-version-loaded" and give a link to the new version in
the comment. In this case, you could just say "newer version found at
#3571". Then go review the newer version instead. This has the effect
of preserving somebody's place in the queue when they are uploading
newer versions but old ones are still out there.

Since you can't close tickets yet, don't worry about the closing part.
Just give the link as a comment then go do the new one instead. I'll
help you out and assign it to you and close the old one and such.

http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3571