[theme-reviewers] Links that go nowhere

Philip Walton philip at philipwalton.com
Tue Apr 19 02:07:00 UTC 2011

I've been reviewing several versions of the same theme and the author
has chosen to include a menu full of placeholder links with href="#"

http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3556

The last link in the list is titled "How to edit this menu?" and points
to: http://en.support.wordpress.com/menus/. It seems he's just using all
those empty links to demonstrate a look, and he assumes its uselessness
will be a more effective way of getting people to actually customize the
menu.

The theme had several errors, so I did not approve it, and in the
comments I suggested that he not list empty links because I thought it
would be confusing to people (and it just seems wrong). He respectfully
disagreed with me and uploaded a new version with the same empty links.

Anyway, I wanted to run this by you all to see if you think this type of
thing should be acceptable in a theme.