[theme-reviewers] How much should I weigh looks, scalability, and functionality?

Jonny Cauvain furcifer at furcifer.me
Fri Apr 15 14:39:48 UTC 2011

If it visibly affects the theme, I personally tend to not approve, not sure
about the others.

On 15 Apr 2011 15:37, "Philip Walton" <philip at philipwalton.com> wrote:

I'm reviewing a theme called zeeReputation (
http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3268). It has no PHP errors, no
HTML/CSS validation errors, it passes all the Theme Checker tests, and it
calls no deprecated functions.

However, it doesn't really adjust well to the different theme variables. For
example, if the site title is relatively long, it wraps to the next line and
covers up some links. Also, if I have a lot of categories, only the first 4
show up in the primary navigation menu.

My question is this: are issues like these ground for rejecting a
submission, or should I focus primarily on preventing errors and the like?