[theme-reviewers] File operations in themes, which PHP functions are/will stay allowed?

Emil Uzelac emil at themeid.com
Tue Apr 5 02:13:50 UTC 2011

It's always good idea to look for an alternatives from WordPress core. Just
few moments ago I had:

$buffer = file_get_contents($twitter_url);

and changed that to:

$buffer = wp_remote_retrieve_body(wp_remote_get($twitter_url));

This was from my test enviroment, not the actual live site.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_API/wp_remote_get

Cheers,
Emil
*Emil Uzelac* | ThemeID | T: 224-444-0006 | Twitter: @EmilUzelac | E:
emil at themeid.com | http://themeid.com
Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. - Albert Einstein