[theme-reviewers] Featured Themes Questions

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Sep 30 21:11:19 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Edward Caissie
<edward.caissie at gmail.com> wrote:
> @Otto - Ian Stewart suggested asking you questions that might relate to the
> Featured Themes ... I counted 15, just didn't know if that was all or if
> that was all that were shown at one time as 15 is the number of themes shown
> per page by default anywhere else.

Yeah, I didn't think of that. I'll double check. The code doesn't
specify a number, so I assumed that was all of them. Looking closely
at it, I can see that it's doing a BB_Query without specifying a
number, so it may only be displaying the first 15.

> As to the random idea, perhaps I'm not explaining it clearly enough.
>
> Let's start with the above being a static quantity, that is _only_ 15 themes
> are shown on the Featured Theme page, not sure what would happen if say 20
> themes were set to be "sticky" ... and I would prefer not to test it out.
>
> Can a portion of those themes, perhaps the last one to three themes be
> randomly picked? Leave the the first set of themes as manually set to
> "stick" to the front page, while the second set are randomly picked from the
> repository and automatically set to "stick" ... or is this an all or nothing
> affair which if that is the case we can keep going forward with the manual
> method.

I can make it do anything at all, including lounge singing, but having
three random themes show up in the featured list does strike me as
rather strange.

> PS: What is the difference in the "sticky" links ... one reads "Stick Topic"
> the other reads "to front"? The "to front" link has the extra parameter
> &super=1 in it. EAC

Short answer: Use Stick To Front to make a theme featured.