[theme-reviewers] [WordPress Themes] Blacklens - feedback

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 23:54:42 UTC 2010

@Chip ...

I actually have been using two (similar) review boilerplate/templates. After
some reviews and edits considering your suggestion, this is what I will
likely be going forward with:

For full reviews, et al.:

Theme Review:
- Themes should be reviewed using "define('WP_DEBUG', true);" in
wp-config.php
- Themes should be reviewed using the test data from the Theme Checklists
(TC)

--
WP_DEBUG et al.:

--
TC:

--
General Observations:

--
Overall: not-accepted
* Items marked => must be addressed, they are singificant and will most

Again, this is not a complete review. The Theme may have other issues that
do
not meet the Theme Review Guidelines.
* Theme Review - http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review
* Theme Unit Checklist - http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Unit_Test
* Theme Development - http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development

Once the points above have been addressed appropriately using the available
information found at the links above; please thoroughly review your theme
and
re-submit it using the uploader tool:
http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/upload/
... this will generate a new Trac ticket.

NB: Re-submitted Themes are given review priority over new Themes that have
not
been reviewed yet.

Also note, to preserve your queue position if you upload a new revision to
the
theme before the current Trac ticket has been resolved:
1. Note the "new" ticket number of the revision.
2. Go to the oldest *open* ticket for your theme.
3. Add a comment to the *open* ticket with a link to the "new" ticket.
4. The next review should take this into consideration.

Feel free to make use of the contact details below if you have any
questions,
comments, or feedback:
* Leave a comment on this ticket
* Send an email to the Theme Review email list
* Use the #wp-themes IRC channel on Freenode

----
Test Environment:
WP Theme Reviews by Cais
* WordPress Version: 3.0.1
* PHP version: 5.2.13
* Multisite Enabled: False
* Current User Level: 10

For Quick Review Results (as a comment after using Pross' Theme Check
script):

Theme Quick Review:
- Themes should be reviewed using "define('WP_DEBUG', true);" in
wp-config.php
- Themes should be reviewed using the test data from the Theme Checklists
(TC)

For expediency sake, please review the above points noted in the "Quick
Review
Results" and address those immediately.

[...]

Thoughts?

Cais.