[theme-reviewers] Header Redirect: Any Good Reason For This?

Ken (WraithKenny) ken.adcstudio at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 19:27:40 UTC 2010

> ... perhaps a public facing version of the style.css header block as a
> starting point for the discussion?

( This is what I should've said instead of "using data from the repo meta"
:-)

I figure that since the location would be in wp-content/ that my
no-follow/index concern is already handled, so maybe the author and theme
uris in the style.css header block shouldn't affect google rankings and
such...

Perhaps minimal stylings akin to the login screen for presenting the header
block?

Addition info that might be appropriate there is if a gpl-compatible library
(JS or PHP) was used, it could be mentioned and perhaps thank-yous to
contributors/works inspired from (that may be overboard tho)

> Best way to do this would be to simply stick an index.html into a
> theme. Anybody looking at the theme directly would get that.
>
> -Otto

Agreed (unless someone wants to create an automated feature). But in any
case, we'd have to figure what's allowed here (redirects aren't?) and a
standard example/best practice, right?

A better question may be "what isn't allowed here?"