[theme-reviewers] URGENT : Our website has been copied and transform as a Wordpress Themes !

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Sep 27 17:25:46 UTC 2010

Regarding the WPCOM site that is pushing a copyright-violating Theme, I
would direct such inquiries to the folks at Automattic directly.

Regarding WPORG Themes that potentially or allegedly violate copyright: this
is probably a DMCA issue, and *WPORG very likely needs to have a published
DMCA policy*. Note that enforcement of this policy is the purvey of Matt (or
his designee) as owner of the WPORG resources, and not the Theme Review
team.

In lieu of a published DMCA policy, I fully support using the Suspension
Hammer if a DMCA takedown notice (as which I would qualify the OP in this
thread) is submitted to the Theme Review team.

Ideally, though, such requests need to go to another email address entirely
- one specifically set up for Theme legal matters in general, or
copyright/DMCA matters specifically. It's really outside the scope of Theme
Review.

Chip