[theme-reviewers] Plugin-Like Readme.txt for Themes

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sun Sep 26 02:32:02 UTC 2010

That is exactly my reasoning for bringing it up.

Being able to have repository listing-page sections for FAQs, Use
Instructions, etc. would be an incredible boon. And getting Theme developers
in the habit of adding readme documentation similar to what Plugin
developers provide can only help end-users.

Also, as the Review Team more and more require certain Theme customizations
and intended uses (e.g. for "specialized-use" Themes) to be documented,
having a standard readme format will help Theme developers comply with such
requirements.

Chip