[theme-reviewers] What is wrong with you people? You rejectedTarski?

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Fri Sep 24 08:50:08 UTC 2010

This theme also needs to use comment_form() instead of creating it's own
form, it would fail on that as well.

I've omitted all of the problems with the programming of this theme, Ben has
already stated that he doesn't work on this theme anymore and only updates
it once in awhile to 'make it work'; unfortunately that's not good enough to
pass the review at this time.

Let's take this function inside core.php for example:

function detectWPMU() {
return function_exists('is_site_admin');
}

... That's so outdated it's silly, much like the methodology used in things
like the tarsky_bodyclass functions, should be used as a filter instead of

Furthermore let's talk about ionfish how he has functions calling hooks
instead of just embedding the hook in the location used .. erm.. why?  ..
yeah I would call that unneeded unnecessary coding.

function detectWPMUadmin() {
return detectWPMU() ? is_site_admin() : false;
}

return is_multisite() ? is_super_admin() : false;

Should also change from using the get_pages in the function
_tarski_navbar_page_links to using the wordpress 3.0 menu system

the function tarski_bodyclass() isn't retrieving the core made ones and
adding them to the classes found, a filter here would be more beneficial
instead of reinventing the wheel

function tarski_searchform() {
include_once(TEMPLATEPATH . "/searchform.php");
}

should use get_search_form() instead, this is outdated and will fail the
review as well

Again this theme is outdated and will not pass the theme review, not just
for what was found in the ticket but for quite a bit more apparently that
was overlooked at the time this theme was reviewed.   I would'nt suggest
anyone using this as a base for creating their themes with.  It has some
good functions however but it's outdated.

- Phil (Frumph)