[theme-reviewers] Licensing issues

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Sep 17 04:13:06 UTC 2010

Just a heads up on licensing issues. Saw this post in the forum and
did some investigating:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/read-readme-in-this-theme

First, the requirement to keep links intact is directly against the
review guidelines. Easy to miss though, I missed it first too.

However, the second one took me a minute to research and be sure.. The
"GNU Free Documentation License" is NOT compatible with the GPL. That
one is way too easy to miss:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Free_Documentation_License#GPL_incompatible_in_both_directions

So this is just a reminder to always check licenses when they're
stated in files and to make sure they're GPL compatible.

http://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1157