[theme-reviewers] My First Suggest-Approval *sniff*

Edward Caissie edward.caissie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 00:17:36 UTC 2010

The general concepts and ideas being put forward with the last several
replies to this thread have gone around many times before and yet here we do
it again.

How many times does the Theme Review team need to ask, and in how many ways
does it have to be worded: input from Automattic/WPORG is required.

It is required for the reason: the Theme Reviewers make an interpretation of
what is required, recommended, or optional only to be chastised most every
time for their interpretation and subsequent actions. How is the core team
putting forward their valued "education and community involvement" standards
in this manner? It is, at best, counter-productive.

The "abide by the list mentality" as its being referred to is simply all we
have to work with under the current review process conditions. Is it the
only viable method, most likely not, but it is the only available method at
this time. The options are getting rather simple: continue as is, and
improve the process as we go; stop everything and all approvals until a
thoroughly vetted and approved Theme Review process can be developed and put
in place; or, let the core devs do all of the theme reviews as they would be
the best judges of what is acceptable and what is not.

If you consider those three points as those of a triangle then somewhere in
the middle is most likely the best place to find a solution; but, it is
equally likely not to be arrived at without mutually cooperative
communication and actions being taken together by all parties involved: the
community (Theme Review team, Developers/Authors, etc.) and Automattic/WPORG
(core/dev team members).

So once again I will ask of the teams, as has already been asked even in
this thread: what is expected and under what criteria are the Theme
Reviewers to be going forward with?

Cais.