[theme-reviewers] My First Suggest-Approval *sniff*

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sun Sep 12 22:23:01 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Andrew Nacin <wp at andrewnacin.com> wrote

> On the other hand, if the theme uses clean_url() instead of esc_url() (as
> but one example), please don't reject that theme. I'm just glad they're
> sanitizing their outputs.
>
> If someone from the core team or Automattic want to volunteer to maintain
the allowable deprecated function call list from release to release, and
keep the Theme Review Guidelines updated accordingly (i.e. listing every
allowable deprecated function), then perhaps we can consider revising the
current guideline.

Otherwise, I'm not going to commit to reviewing each deprecated function
call ad hoc, and assess whether or not its allowable. That's just not
efficient or effective use of Theme reviewers' time.