[theme-reviewers] Tracking Code?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri Sep 3 20:04:42 UTC 2010

Perhaps I'm a bit gun-shy, given some of the recent tickets we've seen; but
I'll ask anyway.

Can someone take a look at Ticket
#924<https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/924>?
Particularly, take a look at functions.php and footer.php, with respect to *
$cleansimplewhite_tracking_code*.

I can't see the Theme actually defining this variable, but its presence has
me somewhat suspicious. It doesn't exist in either version 1.0 or 1.1 of the
Theme in SVN. It just showed up in version 1.2. (Note: review version is
1.2, but is the first Trac ticket generated for the Theme.)

Is this being used for something legitimate that I'm not seeing, or is the
developer perhaps intending to deliver some future payload of some sort?

Thanks,